
After seeing a review for this movie I suddenly became interested. I immediately went to my library's website but when I got there I saw that all the copies were checked out. I completely forgot I could reserve it and closed my window. After a few weeks I'd forgotten about it. A few more weeks past and I was talking to Sarah when she mentioned that her parents were going to preview it for her. I waited with bated breath the next few days for an email from Sarah. When it came she said that she had enjoyed it a lot, and I hurried off the reserve it from my library. Two days later it came in. I brought it home and put it by the TV. I worked through school quickly, ate dinner and then cuddled up on the couch in front of the TV to watch The Young Victoria. I was captivated from the very beginning.
The movie journeys through her early life and the beginning struggles of her reign over England. But the main story is about finding her true love, Prince Albert. It's a beautifully made movie and the characters were very well cast in my opinion. Emily Blunt playing a wonderful Queen Victoria and Rupert Friend as Prince Albert, others actors include Paul Bettany, Miranda Richardson, Jim Broadbent, and Harriet Walter. The costumes were beautiful and realistic, and the music score by Ilan Eshkeri and preformed by the London Metropolitan Orchestra was just lovely.
A young woman falling in love and marrying her handsome prince. And the best part is that it's a true story, a true fairy tale if you will. I would most definitely recommend this movie.
Year made: 2009
Rating: PG
Produced by: GK Films
PGC's Rating: *****
Run Time: 105 min.
No comments:
Post a Comment